Tuesday, June 27, 2006

From: jen-sized

Don't call me a harlot ever again.

First I would like to impart the wisdom I obtained last night: Don't go to Beale Street on a Monday night. Particularly to Coyote Ugly. Although during our brief jaunt downtown I got some free crap. Nothing too glorious, just some Mardi Gras beads from Pat O's as consolation that they, like all the half-decent bars on Beale, were closing; and some guy gave me a Red Stripe bottle opener keychain that I'll probably never use.

I think I've also figured out why I keep getting violent hangovers every time I drink beer and shots. Last night I had a car bomb, two shots of whiskey, and two Jager shots, which usually comes back to haunt me the next day. However, last night I only drank a total of 1.25 beers, and though I was a little groggy this morning, I feel great.

When we were driving out of Seattle to head eastbound to the Gorge, we got a chance to check out their listener-supported radio station, KEXP. They played the Decemberists and some Sufjan (maybe? it was something I like, I remember that much) and a mashup, and I decided that KEXP is pretty much the best radio station I've ever heard. I have a KEXP button on my bag that I got at the festival, in fact.

The stuff I'm doing at work this week and next is a little repetitive -- mundane, even, so yesterday I sought out a radio station I could listen to on iTunes. Lo and behold, KEXP webcasts, and they have a real-time playlist on their site. Today I've heard Tapes n' Tapes, The Arcade Fire, Doves, Radiohead, Lily Allen, Matthew Sweet, Beirut, Hot Chip, Atmosphere... just to name a few. So if you're at work and need something to keep you awake, I highly recommend tuning in to KEXP. The link to the 128 Kbps stream is here and you can keep up with the playlist here.

-jen 06.27.06

No comments: