Sunday, August 24, 2008

From: Urf!

Most Mistake

The Commercial Appeal has released their special section Memphis Most in today's paper.

I worked on this section for two and a half weeks. Halfway through working on it, I lost almost half of what I'd written, yet still managed to finish three days before deadline.

If you look at the section itself, in the paper, I wrote every syllable from page 18, Most "Memphis" BBQ Sauce, to page 36, Most Boundless Beer Selection. That's 34 categories; nearly 9,000 words. And, if I may, it's all pretty good stuff.

For some reason I was left out of the list of section writers on page 1. I'm not sure yet why that is, but I hope to find out soon. In the meantime, the categories I was responsible for are:
  • Most "Memphis" BBQ Sauce
  • Most Beloved BBQ Joint
  • Most Prime Steak Dinner
  • Most Enticing Burger
  • Most Savory Slice of Pizza
  • Most Sensational Sushi
  • Most Profitable Business Lunch
  • Most Satisfying Biscuits
  • Most Revered Sunday Brunch
  • Most For The Money
  • Most Craved Catfish
  • Most Romantic Restaurant
  • Most Delicious Deli
  • Most Tempting Bakery
  • Most Vietnamese Restaurant
  • Most Bountiful Buffet
  • Most Fine Dining
  • Most Italian Restaurant
  • Most Indian Restaurant
  • Most Kid-Friendly Cuisine
  • Most Thai Restaurant
  • Most Chinese Restaurant
  • Most Mexican Restaurant
  • Most Mediterranean Restaurant
  • Most Japanese Restaurant
  • Most Exotic Cuisine
  • Most Scrumptious Seafood
  • Most Wholesome Health Food
  • Most Popular Pub
  • Most Cosmopolitan Night Club
  • Most Masterful Martini
  • Most Fanatical Sports Bar
  • Most Bona Fide Blues Club
  • Most Boundless Beer Selection

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fed up with Memphis? I was, and I have a special cure! I know of a place where there are plentiful jobs, explosive growth, new money, prosperity, entertainment, homegrown culture, and vibrant community... and a contagiously positive CAN-DO mindset to go with it!

It's NASHVILLE! Whether you like Louis Vuitton and the Symphony, or Bass Pro Shops and CMT - Nashville's got you covered. Show King Willie who's the boss and make your move to any one of the thriving 13 counties that make up the NASHVILLE metro area.

Life is too short to spend every day dealing with the stresses and depression of living in Memphis. My hometown sho ain't what it used to be... so welcome to Middle Tennessee!